Some discussion of Economics 2.0 (i.e. the virtual economy of this massive multiplayer video game now having real world application):
- Second Life Founder Pursues Second Chance (Feb 3, 2014) - Re: Philip Rosedale's new startup, High Fidelity.
- Wildcat Banking in the Virtual Frontier. (Feb. 5, 2008)
- The Coming Second Life Business Cycle (Aug. 2, 2007)
- The Virtual Rockefeller (Dec. 2005).
- Wikipedia entry
- c/f Second Life Maretplace: Where users buy pixilated commodities, for real world cash.
"A couple players line up for a picture."
Second Life Movie 3
"The group moves on to play a game of darts."
Second Life Movie 4
"You can become a DJ for other players to dance to."
Second Life Movie 5
"Your house can be decorated any way you want."
Second Life Movie 6
"With just a few clicks, a couple of players build a simple house and even find time to wallpaper it."
Second Life Movie 7
"You can create your new animations and then import them into the game."
Second Life Movie 8
"Everyone gets down with their elaborate dance moves in a user-made nightclub."